Friday, July 4, 2008

Ice ages are my friends...

This last week has been the warmest and most humid so far, right now it's 86 degrees with about 80% humidity. I'm soaked in sweat by the time I make it to school and then I gotta sit through classes like that all day, talk about gross. Anyways, I finished my business paper on time and the presentation went well. I need to make a powerpoint for my anime movie I'm presenting on this thursday, but that shouldn't be too hard. Tea ceremony went well yesterday, and today I went to Yuri's nursery school this morning and watched all the 2-5 year olds sing songs and put on plays. It's for the Tanabata festival thats celebrated in Japan on July 7th, which reminds me...Happy 4th of July everyone!! I really wish I could have joined you in the park for burgers and Alberto's grilled meat, yummm.... I hope that you all have a safe 4th of July and an enjoyable one! Getting back to the nursery school, it was extremely cute, I didn't take thousands of pictures because I spent the time videotaping it all. After it was all done, we wrote wishes down on a piece of paper and tied it to a big stalk of bamboo. The Tanabata festival is a celebration of the constellations Altair and Vega being able to meet only once a year because the Milky Way usually separates the two.



I might be going to Iwo Jima this weekend on Sunday. All depends what everyone else feels like doing. Iwo Jima is an island off the coast of Japan where in WWII, the Japanese holed up and fought to a bitter end with only 216 taken as prisoners, with about 20000 dead over a period of 35 days. They actually made a very good movie about this battle, shown from the Japanese' perspective called Letters from Iwo Jima. It's a war movie, so expect it to be akin to Saving Private Ryan, another good movie in my opinion.

Japanese class is continuing to go very well, I aced this weeks and last weeks kanji quiz, and then we took the time in class to do a little review, and then we wrote wishes down on paper and attached it to bamboo, I also got myself a paper balloon, mines a grapefruit!



Well, this weekend is gonna be a relaxed one now that I got the accursed business paper done! I seriously hated that thing... I can finally enjoy the time I spend lounging around instead of worrying that I'm slacking off and not working on a business paper. Happy 4th of July everyone, and remember, no blowing off fingers unless I'm there to join in the fun, fireworks rock! Here's a little something to stay cool ;)

Photobucket

No comments: