Thursday, July 17, 2008

A typhoon draws near....

I'm just writing this to let everyone know that a typhoon is supposedly going to be passing close to the Kyushu district in about two days. Before I came to Japan, I was saying that I hoped to get a chance to experience a typhoon. It's been said that the typhoons rarely come close to Nagasaki, and so you can imagine how excited and lucky I am that one is about to come before I leave Japan. For those who didn't know, I've always been a big weather buff. Extreme weather such as severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, blizzards, and hurricanes have always interested me. Things I want to do in my life would be to chase tornadoes, stand in a few hurricanes, and watch the lightning shows from my backyard. When I was a kid I wanted to be a meteorologist, but ITM has my career path, and if anything I'd like to learn as much as I can about the things meteorologists study.

The cicadas have come out and it's starting to sound like Kansas, but in Japan. I'll take a few better pictures later on, but for now this is one of the cicadas Yuri caught and stuck in a plastic cage. Not a very good picture, but let me tell you that they're big!



Hmmm...not much else to talk about, here's the link to Japan's Meteorological website, and you can track the typhoon!

1 comment:

ENG said...

Haha, too bad it didn't pass anywhere near Kyushu. Looks like we'll all miss them by the time we leave.

-A fellow Nagasaki GaiDai student