Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The dog-days of summer

Well, as you can guess, there hasn't been much going on lately. Yesterday was my last day of Aikido, and my time here is slowly drawing to a close. I still haven't figured out how much I'm going to need to send back to America by shipping, which is kind of troublesome because I really don't want to spend the money, I just have too many diabetic supplies, and those might be the only things I may need to send back(hopefully). This Friday my host family is having a farewell party for me, and we're going to be eating yakiniku, yay!! The Japanese papers have been lying to me this past week, the weather says no rain, and sun, and then when I'm walking around or I'm at school, it just starts dumping rain.



On Sunday I went to go watch my host mother hula dance on stage, the only bad thing was the entire thing started like 50 minutes early, so when she was supposed to go on the stage at 2:32pm, she went on at 1:50pm, and I got there about 2:10pm. So I was all prepped with my videocamera and camera, and then when 2:32pm came around, she wasn't there and I was like huh? I figured they might be running slow, and so I watched a little longer, until my host mother came up next to me and asked if I saw her dance, much to our mutual disappointment. I decided to head back home and wait for her to come back so we could go eat Sushi later on. The sushi we ate with Setsuko, her daughter, was a thank-you present for me taking care of Nozomi a lot. Kiyoko took several pictures as I didn't have my camera, I'll have to grab them from her later on.



As I said, yesterday was my last day of Aikido. I had a lot of fun and I'm definitely going to miss the teachers.



Finally, another chapter on insects in Japan. I was walking home yesterday and I happened to look up above a tree and I saw a monstrous spider which had strung it's web between the power line and top of the tree. I took a zoom shot, and then one panned back so you could see it's size in comparison to the tree and power line, this thing was just huge. On the same day, I was walking along and I saw a cicada on the ground, so I took the opportunity to take a picture, and then I whipped out my fan and had it climb on. Eventually it moved from the fan onto my hand and just stuck around till I set it down.



Well, that's about it, one last thing I have to say is that Modern Japanese TV dramas are stupid. I think the better ones are Japanese dramas set in the Edo period.

No comments: