Monday, July 7, 2008

Chomp! Slurp! Devour da' watermelon!!!

So this Sunday at Iwo Jima was amazing! After I went to church, I went back home and decided when I wanted to leave for IoJima, and luckily Trevor happened to be online and he wanted to go real bad too, because we both agreed it was way too nice to be indoors. We decided to meet in Sumiyoshi at 12:35ish and then we started to get packed. After we met up in Sumiyoshi, we rode the tram down to Youmesaito. After we got off, we went and did some food shopping for our day at the beach, I settled on a bottle of C.C. Lemon, some watermelon, and a loaf of bread. Trevor bought some meat, Aquarius, and sunscreen. After that we walked down tot he ferry dock and purchased our tickets, for 980 yen, we get a round trip on the ferry and admission to a hot springs! How cheap and cool is that?? The ride to IoJima was very refreshing and windy, I took a bunch of pictures and saw the biggest dry-dock in the world, which was apparently in Nagasaki. I also took a lot of video on my video camera too.



After we arrived on the island of Iwo Jima, we made the 15 minute sweaty walk to the beach. I changed into my swimsuit and decided to devour my watermelon before I had to take off my insulin pump. The watermelon was gone, I've never had that much fun eating watermelon before, and I think it was only because I was making a huge mess.



We spent several hours just lying in the sun on these raft that were positioned off the coast, and occasionally I'd dive in and swim around to cool off. I even found a starfish later on, which was cool. Then I took a bunch of pictures as evening wore on...



It was an awesome time though, our friends didn't show up until about 4:45PM, and we had already been there for a few hours. Around 6pm, Trevor and I decided to head to the hot springs at the hotel, it was nice to wash my hair after all that sea water. After the hot springs, I had my supper of a loaf of bread, C.C. Lemon, and beef jerky, yum....After that it was time to catch the ferry back, it was a beautiful night, you could see a whole bunch of stars and even Jupiter. Nagasaki at night was pretty, but I'd have to say the bridge was the must stunning thing.



After we got off the ferry, Trevor and I walked to the tram and headed back to sumiyoshi, and then we parted ways and took our respective buses home. Talk about a good day, I hardly spent any money, and just had a blast there. Now I can say I've been on a beach in Japan/Iwo Jima. Hope you all had a safe 4th of July, see you guys in less than a month!

No comments: