Monday, June 30, 2008

Cursed Business Paper

Well, not a whole lot has been going on this past week. Tea Ceremony started in traditional Japanese arts, but it isn't all that enjoyable because many students fool around and act rather rude in my opinion, it just gets annoying. However, the assistants and teacher are really nice and they were fun to talk to once the class was over. Thank goodness that room has Air Conditioning as well, otherwise it'd be no fun at all.

Other than that, I got a business paper that's due on Thursday along with like a 20 minute presentation, and then a round of questions. First off, it's only me and 2 other guys that have to talk for 20 minutes each, while all the other students only have to talk for 15 minutes. It's just because I had the privilege of getting randomly chosen to go on the first week. My topic is American and Japanese Employment Practices, and believe it or not, it doesn't have all that much to do with business. First off I hardly know all that much about getting a job in Japan, much less how it affects the economy. I'm just a little worried that this paper is gonna be 6 pages or so of a subject that doesn't have to do entirely with business. Finding references isn't that much fun either. As far as I see it, this paper is the only bane I have for the rest of the school year, believe it or not but I also have another 6 page paper to write for the business management class, but I know all about the topic! Then I also have a presentation that's due next Thursday, but that shouldn't be too hard because it's for Japanese Cinema. I don't have to write a paper, and at best I have to give a 10 minute presentation on any Japanese Film that I want. The best part is it can be an anime movie I've seen, score!

The rainy season is slated to end by about the middle of July, and so there should only be a few weeks of hot weather. So far for the month of August, Nagasaki received 44.1 centimeters of rain. I totally plan on going down to the beach and smash a watermelon open with a stick while blindfolded, thats as long as I can find someone to help me pay for said melon, the only thing that's cheap over here fruit-wise is strawberries and oranges. Well, I suppose I should try to write another half page of that business paper before giving up for tonight, I seriously hate that thing, and 20 minutes is ridiculous! くだらない!!

No comments: