Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

It's Mother's Day her in Japan, so I went out around Sumiyoshi and looked for some flowers. I found some I liked even through I was pressed for time. I wanted something you could plant and that wouldn't wilt and die in about a week. I settled on a small basket of hanging flowers, along with a small pot of miniature roses. I put them on the table for Kiyoko to find when she gets home, right now she's out and about with her family. I went to Sharon's house today to try to get her internet set up because she needs to access the keyserver to make photoshop work, but seeing how the software was in Japanese and I couldn't diagnose the problem, had to call it quits. She can't access the Stout keyserver through the school's internet because they use a proxy for internet connectivity. Other than that, happy mother's day to all mothers who read this, may your children treat you like a queen for the day or so help me some heads are gonna be split when I come back, not lying either, you tell those kids Chris is a green belt in Tae Kwon Do. Here are the pretty flowers, whoo....



So...I haven't been up to much lately, just taking class one day at a time and such. Yesterday it rained all day, and so I took a nap, watched some anime, and studied a bit while Kiyoko and the children had their English lessons conducted downstairs. We had sukiyaki for supper, which was quite tasty. While we were eating, I noticed the sun come out, just in time for a gorgeous sunset, I only wish the telephone lines weren't in the way.



Hmm....On a few other notes of things I did this week. I peeled this massive grapefruit-like thing and made a hat out of it. Not that I kept it or anything, but it was pretty fun.



We happened to spot yet, another massive insect. You know, for Japan having such small cars, houses, people. The bugs and said above grapefruit-thingy are pretty big.



I also found a vending machine that sells Mountain Dew. To those who love Mountain Dew, let me express to the point how non-existant many of the soft drinks that we have in America are not here. The only soda you'd probably recognize, would be Coca Cola, and Coca Cola Zero, no pepsi products save for these cans of mountain dew they sell in a vending machine for like a $1.10.



I also finally got around to taking a picture of this gorgeous car I walk past everytime i go down to Nagayo. I love the Toyata cars they have over here.



Anyways, talk to you all later, I got Aikido tomorrow, yay!

No comments: