Thursday, May 22, 2008

And so the week goes on...

Well, it's been kind of an uneventful week. I haven't been doing all that much, wrote up a paper for my society class yesterday, did some flower arrangement on tuesday for traditional Japanese arts. We have arts again today, but today we're covering women's kimono. All of us are going to dress up in kimono and take pictures, so it should be a lot of fun. I still haven't found my Nintendo DS, which saddens me, but these things always kinda work themselves out. I may never find it again, but I'll gain something in return, what that is, I don't know. Yesterday Japanese class was actually quite enjoyable, the three stooges were all absent, and so we finally had a productive, quieter class. I'm all for a few laughs the three stooges sometimes provide, but I'd rather focus on learning Japanese since it's of great interest to me. When I see the nice teachers putting up with all their crap, makes me a little sad because they are remarkable teachers and I think they deserve more respect than what they're given. Here are some pictures from flower arranging, as well as some of the rain clouds from a torrential downpour we had on Monday.





That's all for pictures I've taken this week so far, I'll have a few more after tonight's Japanese arts class. Hmmm....other than that, it's just another 2 weeks till I go to Osaka and Kyoto. I can't wait, I'll finally be able to look for the big fish of the sea of Kimonos, the XXL sized kimono! On a side note, being here in Japan, there are many different landscapes and structures that make me have the urge to take up parkour/free running. Parkour is the martial art of getting from point A to point B in the fastest and most efficient manner possible, the focus is the destination. Free running is similar to parkour, except it focuses on the journey of getting to a place, and tends to focus on personal style. For more information, please refer to http://www.americanparkour.com . Both focus on total body fitness and efficiency, and like I said, being in Japan, I feel the urge to take this up in addition to the conditioning it provides. Here are a few youtube videos for reference in case you're still wondering what I'm talking about, but until then, じゃね。

No comments: