Friday, April 18, 2008

Woot, Friday!

The weather's been relatively mild these past couple of days, a little on the gloomy side, but no intense downpours or anything. Yesterday I went to the martial arts club, and being that it was our first meeting, we didn't do too much, we were showed some self-defense and it was more or less just a good way to learn more about the human anatomy and how if I apply pressure here, their arm will bend that way. It was probably more or less geared to someone who doesn't know much at all, but it was still informative. Next week I think we were going to be learning some kendo, which is pretty cool.

Other than that, tomorrow is my field trip to Nagasaki Unzen, we have to meet at the school at like 8:30 in the morning, which is gonna be hard because there are no buses that run all the way up to the school, I'm going to have to hop on the sumiyoshi bus, and then once I get off in Sumiyoshi, I have to hop on a bus that will run me up in front of the mountain the schools on, then walk up the mountain. Once I ascend said school mountain, I gotta sit for like 2 hours in the bus. It's amazing how long it can take to get from place to place in Japan. When we arrive at Unzen around 11:30am, we'll have lunch till noon. At noon, we start our hike up an actual mountain, they put hiking on our itinerary for 5 hours, either it's a very tall mountain, or it's a moderately tall mountain that we're still gonna take 3 hours to ascend, and then sit around for like 2 hours. I'll be sure to take pictures once I'm up there, not everyday u get to climb a mountain. There were also some bushes blooming on my walk to the bus this morning, I'll make sure I get some pictures this afternoon when I have more time, you don't see bushes blooming like this in America.

Well, today I have introductory Japanese and Japanese society. Should be fun in society because only a few people chose that class instead of Japanese culture(which is mostly about religion). Well, I'm gonna wrap this up and go talk to some people, talk to you all next week. To keep you all preoccupied before then, I present to you......



Koi!! Pretty Koi, watch as they swim around, swimming swimming swimming around, like a colorful rainbow.

No comments: