Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bring forth the almighty hat!!!!

Ok, so I haven't been up to much these past couple of days... That's Ok though, I got a hat! Why a hat you might ask, don't you have enough hats Chris? Heck no! I'm merely getting started on my hat collection, lets see....hats I'm proud to own. There's my Chuck hat, which my mom bought for me in florida as it looked like Chuck Kuchler's hat, which I climbed Mt. Fugen with. Then there's my florida waterproof hat, which I bought on a trip in florida because I didn't like all the rain falling on my head, so thus I bought a waterproof hat, which can also become a normal baseball-looking hat. Then there's my straw hat which I bought for kimono wear, it's been featured in the past, not on this blog though. Here's a picture though of said hat, please ignore the messy room.

Samurai Hat!

Let's see, oh yes, then there's the renaissance hat! That hat is really cool as well, it was kinda expensive because it was made out of all leather, but nevertheless, a hat worth buying, you might have seen it on my Facebook profile for a while. Shown here...

Renaissance Hat!

And now... the moment you've all been waiting for, bring out the new hat!!! *Fanfare and whatnot*



Why go through all this trouble about hats you might wonder, well, personally, I like hats. I don't wear them often, but they're always nice to have for those occasions you need a certain hat for. When I have my own house, my basement is gonna be lined with hats, swords, wall scrolls, and figurines, and it's going to have a tatami mat floor. Getting the tatami mat floor might be kind of difficult as I'll have to import the stuff from Japan, but it's gotta be about as expensive as some nice tile right?

Anyways, if you haven't guessed it already, I haven't been up to much these past couple days, just been going to school, getting some homework done, and walking around taking pictures of the plants here. One other piece of news not related to nature and school, I bought this DS game yesterday which is basically a Japanese/English dictionary, and it allows you to write kanji in to find out they're meaning, basically it's a really cheap, effective pocket dictionary, not all the features of one of the really nice ones, but it's a third of the price and it lets you actually write in the kanji, the trick is guessing the stroke order, this thing is like one of the most practical things I might have ever owned, other than my computers. Like I said though, the rest of this week has been taking pictures of pretty flowers because we totally don't have enough of these things growing in the US.





I like this one especially cause Yuna-chan found it and gave it to me....


Well, other than flowers, the insects are starting to come out. I haven't gotten bit by a mosquito yet, but judging by what I've seen so far, the first mosquito that bites me is gonna be like the size of my head or something. Just yesterday I saw the biggest bumblebee I've ever seen just flying around, it was too erratic so I couldn't get a picture, but I did take a small video recording of it. I'm uploading it now, not sure how long it will take, but once it's finished, I'll post the link.



Another thing that amazed me and freaked Sharon out was what I think was a mayfly. However, this thing was as big as my cell phone, I was entering the gym and I just saw the thing hanging on the wall. Even managed to get a picture of it without the darn thing flying away on me.



So yeah... like I said, first mosquito is gonna be like the size of my head, and seeing the head is one of the hotter parts of the body, it'll just end up skewering my brain, too bad it has to pinpoint a vein, otherwise it's just hitting brain tissue, muHa! So help me though if it knows that piercing a skull is too difficult, if that thing knows it can pierce any other part of me and get blood, then I'm done for. Golden Weekend is fast approaching, what I do I have no clue, hopefully it will be fun.

No comments: