Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's been kinda rainy...

But that won't get me down, I do enjoy it when all of the Japanese people ask me if I'm cold because i'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts. They're in long sleeve shirts and sweaters and bundled up in coats, and here i am just walking around like it's 80 degrees out. Yesterday it was extremely rainy and windy, it's even worse up on the mountain that the university's on. Yesterday I found like three different kimono shops, none in my size however, there was a winter kimono jacket(not sure what it's actually called) that I could fit into, but I didn't buy it as I need to save my money for an actual kimono or yukata, which should be arriving in bigger sizes within a month or two.

Today we got Sharon her cell phone, it was kind of a headache as we had to buy her phone at a FamilyMart instead of the actual SoftBank because the ones in Sumiyoshi didn't carry the prepaid models. After we went to the last help session for people at a beginner's Japanese level, we walked to a Toys R' Us. Shown below is the group of Japanese students who have been leading the help sessions, they were very nice and helpful.

Anyways, we went to Toys R' Us and they had Bleach figurines there, which seem to be hard to find around here, the only bad part is they're in random boxes so you can't really tell what ur getting. Unfortunately, I got two of the same figurines in the exact same pose I have of a larger figurine, I was so ticked. Now I have some presents at least, or maybe I can sell them to friends at Stout when i return. I'm not lying when I say I've been buying a good amount of figurines, they are very hard to find in America and are usually more expensive. Buying manga and anime is also sort of pointless because DVD's are like 25-50 bucks, and manga is in Japanese. The manga being in Japanese wouldn't be so bad if I had some of the english manga from America with me. Anyways, my bus is leaving soon for Nagayo, so I'll be going now, here's some pictures of the clouds rolling off the mountains.





No comments: