Monday, April 28, 2008

Fun weekend indeed...

This Saturday, Sharon, Trevor, Kiersten and I went to Nagasaki's Chinatown section, and needless to say we found some pretty neat stuff there.



We ended up walking through the entire single street the first time through, hardly stopping at any stores, just seeing how much of a chinatown it was. It was actually rather small, only one street spanning about 3-4 blocks. When we got to the end, we had lunch there, being that I didn't want to spend a whole bunch of money on lunch, I bought a large tub of strawberries for 200 yen, and that was my lunch. It was a beautiful day out, not too hot, not too cold, just right. Shown below was the small park we had lunch at.



We then walked back through chinatown, taking our time checking out each shop just to make sure we don't miss something really cool. Laura, you can put your worries to rest, I found a large fan for you that you can hang up on your wall if you so choose, you'll have to wait to see what it looks like though, muHa! I found a nice chinese shirt, which I bought because it was an American XL size and it looked really nice, my host mother absolutely loved it.



I also found geta sandals much cheaper than the ones I originally purchased, and being that those ones are a tiny bit small on my feet, I'm considering taking them back, getting a refund, to go buy some bigger ones I found in Chinatown for like half the price. They also had the ultra tall version too, haha, I might get them if I can find a XXL size.



After that we went to Youmesaito to meet up with the rest of our group for the Tall Ships Festival. I went down into the grocery store and bought a 4 pound meal. For supper I had sashimi, bread, CC Lemon, and some Asahi Dry. The ships were very tall and had so many wires.




It was pretty brisk and windy that night, all the Japanese and Chinese were freezing their butts off, it was rather funny because they kept asking me if I was cold, but I was like no. I was in a t-shirt and shorts, and the Japanese are in jeans, coats, and long-sleeved shirts. We waited around for about 2-3 hours for the fireworks to start, the ships looked pretty cool at night.



Finally the fireworks started and I got a chance to try the fireworks setting on my camera, it looks so cool. Here's the entire album of Saturday and Sunday, it has all the pictures of the fireworks, as well as all the pictures we took on Sunday when we went to the Udon shop, and then walked all the way back to our house, picking flowers and taking pictures along the way. Golden week is fast approaching and I'm not sure what I plan on doing. I'm not sure if I'm invited to go do stuff with my host family, or if I'm supposed to make my own plans, well anyway, I'll figure something out, it will be fun irregardless.

April 26th-27th

No comments: