Monday, April 7, 2008

And so a new week begins...

Well, it certainly was a fun weekend. Sharon and I went to Fukuoka by bus and hung out with her friend Jenny all day. Jenny's boyfriend Hiro joined us as well and served as our personal translator for the day, which was quite a luxury when you can't read most of the signs and stuff here. First we went to a park in the morning and ate some donuts there, and after that we started exploring Tenjin in Fukuoka, there were so many women's clothing stores a woman could walk from one end of Tenjin to the other without setting foot on the street for like 10 seconds. We finally found some cool stores later in the afternoon, I found a bunch of figurines from anime that I bought, and we finally found the elusive sakura kit kat bar. There was about 15 boxes sitting in a 100 yen store waiting to be taken.

We also went to this awesome restaurant, basicaly they give you a plate of raw beef, pork, and chicken, and then you grill it in the center of the table to your liking, after that you dip it in some really tasty sauce.

After we ate, we went to Canal City again in Fukuoka and went into a store I somehow missed the last time I was there. It was the Shonen Jump store, they are the company who produces one of my favorite animes, Bleach.

I found so much cool stuff in there, it was all so cool! After the trip to the Shonen Jump store, we decided to head up to the arcade and just try to win prizes, I didn't find anything there worth taking my money with my luck, so I just went to the capsule station and bought some small Bleach figure capsules. After the arcade, we went back to Tenjin as we were running short on time before our bus left. We had a little bit of time left so we went around some shops and we stopped in another arcade. There was a cool Evangelion figurine which was easily worth 6000 yen, I popped in a 500 yen coin for three tries, and I managed to get it on the first try, it was so cool! I never win at those things and this success has encouraged me to try my luck in arcades more often, cause u can get some nice stuff with a small amount of money and a little luck. After we left the arcade, we went to the bus stop and said our goodbyes to Jenny and Hiro. Sharon and I kept ourselves amused on the way home by making up lines for a Japanese Bleach game on my DS.
On sunday I moved back to Kiyoko's house, it was not fun hauling my suitcase,backpack, and all the stuff I bought through hilly Japan. I took the wrong bus from Sumiyoshi and ended up in the wrong place, luckily I was able to get to where I needed to go after an extra hour or so, the bus driver was very nice and helpful. Then I hauled my suitcase up the hill to my house, which usually takes 15 minutes when you have no extra baggage, but I had to do it with a 50 pound suitcase and such, oh man was I exhausted and hot by the time I got home. Before I went up that hill, I stopped in at SoftBank and picked up my cell phone. I finally have one, whoo!
Anyways, today we took the Japanese placement test to see which level of Japanese we can take, I couldn't read a word on that test because it was all in Hirigana and Katakana, but it was multiple choice so I guessed. I'm hoping I can get into the middle level instead of the beginner's level, I don't want to relearn everything I know already. After that we took a tour of Nagasaki, we went back to Peace Park, which was nice, but I had already seen it, I made a ton of new friends though, which was awesome. Many of them are chinese and are here to learn Japanese as well, most of them speak English well.

Well, it's getting late here, so I'm gonna wrap it up, later everyone.

No comments: